I had 2lbs of ground turkey sitting in my fridge and the world wide web at my fingers. Time to do something with it. I had pinned 2 recipes for clean eating chili. One was a Chipotle Turkey and Sweet Potato Chili the other a Clean Eating Turkey Chili.
My problem is that one would be too hot for Hubby. The other was cooked on the stove top, and I was feeling lazy. I combined them into a hybrid version I could make in my Ninja Cooking System.
What’s a Ninja Cooking System? Like the most awesome thing to have in a kitchen. It looks like a slow cooker, but it is way more than that. It has three modes. STOVETOP– for browning or steaming. SLOW COOK– for well, slow cooking. OVEN– for steaming and steam baking. Instead of the ceramic insert you get in a slow cooker, this is a non-stick bowl for easy cleanup. AND the bowl is dishwasher safe!
Ground Turkey Sweet Potato Chili
- 1lb ground turkey
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 cups of wa
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 3 cloves of garlic, pressed
- 2 small sweet potatoes, diced
- 1 can of black beans, rinse and drained
- 1 cup of corn, frozen
- 1 6 oz can of tomato paste
- 1 15 oz can of diced tomatoes, fire roasted
- 1 28 oz can of crushed tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- sprinkle of pepper
- sprinkle of salt
- Turn the Ninja Cooking System on to STOVETOP. Set to medium and warm up the oil. Or you can do this in a pan over medium heat.
- Add the turkey meat. Stir occasionally and break up the meat.a
- Add the onions and garlic. Stir occasionally until they soften.
- When the turkey is fully cooked through switch then Ninja Cooking System to Slow Cooker Mode set to high. Or You can add the ingredients to your slow cooker and set that to high.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the pot. Give them a good stirring to combine all the ingredients together.
- Put the lid on and set your timer for 4 hours.