Coffee is my jam. Water? Not so much. But I’m trying. I might have tried a bit too hard. I felt like the Titanic drowning in a sea of Poland Spring.
Detox Day 2
- Grabbed my grande unsweetened iced coffee. I’m learning to live without the caramel and chocolate syrups. The bagels behind the counter failed to woo me. I have eyes only for the mini breakfast sandwich in my pack.
- Forced 16 oz of water down my throat. Maybe it make me feel full.
- Water failed to stave off munchies. I caved and ate my mid-morning snack . I consumed that banana at an alarming speed.
- Office freezing. Went for a walk to thaw before eating lunch.
- Stuffed Zucchini Boat success! The kale-pepper-egg concoction threw together made me consider licking the Tupperware clean. Kudos to the chef. Oh wait..that’s me. Patted self on back.
- Followed the boats up with baby carrots and chugged another bottle of water. Just got a meeting alert. Sigh. I will regret the water halfway through it.
- Left work without eating my late afternoon snack. I wasn’t hungry . FINALLY. Shocking, I know.
- Dinner was a Quinoa-Broccoli-Tomato Bowl. Garlic and EVOO sauteed broccoli its like the trifecta of taste. Italian crack.
What did I learn today? When cutting into a breakfast quinoa bake is similar to cutting a soggy kitchen sponge you did something wrong. I don’t mess with uncooked egg.
I also learned I have a ridiculously tiny bladder.
What did I prep for tomorrow? Breakfast -An ill-fated Banana Bread Quinoa Breakfast Bake. Then Peanut Butter Date Mini-Sandwich. Lunch- Kitchen Sink Salad. I chopped a sample of every vegetable in the fridge. Topped with a scoop of leftover quinoa, a few crushed walnuts, dried apple pieces.