Not only did I roast some chicken and vegetables tonight, but I roasted myself, as well. Note to self- if you live in an apartment with a small kitchen that has no windows, don’t run your oven at 500°. Just sayin’.
The sauna like heat wasn’t the only hiccup in my dinner plans. The lack of produce selection at my local supermarket was the other. So much for fresh veggies. Who sells out of zucchini? Zucchini.
Roasted Chicken and Vegetables
Recipe adapted from Gimme Delicious Food
The original recipe calls for fresh vegetables, but my local supermarket is small and some were unavailable. I decided to improvise with frozen vegetables. Cooking times needed to be adjusted by adding ten minutes.
- 2 medium chicken breasts, chopped
- 1 cup frozen Bell Pepper strips
- Ingredient 3
- ½ onion, chopped
- 1 cup frozen broccoli florets, chopped
- ½ cup baby carrots, chopped
- ½ cup grape tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 potato, diced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
(or a few dashes of parsley, oregano, basil)
- ¼ teaspoon paprika (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 500° F.
2. Chop all the veggies in large pieces and chicken into large cubes (on a separate board).
3. Place the chicken and veggies in a medium mixing bowl. Add the olive oil, salt and pepper, Italian seasoning, and paprika. Toss to combine.
4. Place the chicken and veggies on a foil-lined sheet pan. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the veggies are charred, potatoes are soft, and chicken is fully cooked.
Enjoy with rice, pasta, or salad, and top with a drizzle of Balsamic Glaze. I was too hot to cook further, so I opted to take the quicker way out and utilized an emergency brick of Ramen Noodles instead of boiling pasta, lol.